You are so young, and can’t quite grasp the vastness of the world or why things turn out the way they do. Looking to the future scares you. You are terrified of the big decisions that need to be made, the heartbreak and the sadness that will creep into your life, and the amount of hard work that lies ahead of you. But I am here to tell you that it is all going to be okay! In fact, it will be perfect! There are mountains of happiness and joy that await you. You will accomplish more than what you think is possible! Continue reading
In an effort to regain positivity in my life, here is a list of 25 things that I am grateful for.
- I am grateful that I have a roof over my head and food on my plate.
- I am grateful for my parents. For every encouraging text message or phone call and for every time they tell me that they love me.
- I am grateful for my family (both immediate and extended). Knowing that I have a support system that will be there whenever I need it is an incredible feeling.
- I am grateful for all my friends, as they help lift my spirit and inspire me everyday.
- I am grateful that I wake up and go to sleep everyday looking at the Toronto skyline.
- I am grateful for the comfy-ness of my bed and my gazillion pillows.
- I am grateful that I coach the most supporting and hardworking swimmers on the planet.
- I am grateful for my synchro coaches, both past and present.
- I am grateful for every single person that reads my blogs.
- I am grateful for Ryerson; all the amazing students and faculty.
- I am grateful for the time I get to spend doing crafts.
- I am grateful for all of my childhood memories.
- I am grateful for the way the sun shines in my window.
- I am grateful for blue skies and chirping birds.
- I am grateful for the way my candles glow on my cactus and aloe plant.
- I am grateful for having a good swim at Wednesday night practice.
- I am grateful that I was able to do a headstand yesterday.
- I am grateful all the amazing writers in the world and all the amazing books.
- I am grateful that it is still light outside at 6:00pm.
- I am grateful for all of the trips I have gone on.
- I am grateful for warm socks and cozy blankets.
- I am grateful for winter, because it lets us experience spring and fall.
- I am grateful that I am Canadian.
- I am grateful for every hug that I have ever received.
- I am grateful for everything, and everyone that makes me smile.
I am freaking out; I have turmoil in my heart and anxiousness in my soul. I feel terribly overwhelmed and discouraged. For the past week one word has been ringing through my head over, and over again, “Failure! Failure! Failure!” Everywhere I look I see amazing people doing amazing things. I see people changing history and making a difference in the world… And then here I am. I am working so hard, feeling so stressed and so overwhelmed and yet, I am just scraping by. I feel like I am running on a treadmill- working so hard and going nowhere, accomplishing nothing.
Earlier this week I decided to go through some of my old notes. I didn’t really know what I was searching for, but when I stumbled upon this I felt that I had found it.
The document was created on January 9th, 2013 at 8:03pm. It is titled “Who I am!” (exclamation point and all) and contains my 2013 affirmations.
This is what it read: Continue reading